Summers can be a lot of work if you’d ask me; there’s this summer body to work for, splurging on a good sunblock to avoid a tan and worst of all, protecting the locks from the summer damage.
The Summer Sun can be brutal. As much as every girl wants to rock those beautiful cascading locks and flaunt them on the day out at the beach, the scorching heat from the sun can destroy and cause havoc for your hair.
Limp Hair, Dandruff, split out, increased frizz and hair fall, are just a few issues to name. These hair conditions can really ruin a good look.
In order to avoid them and more such as greasiness and dry and dead scalp and hair, we’re listing down a couple of things you can do to revamp your entire outlook:
1. Avoid the cosmetics: The Summer Sun is the biggest culprit that dries out your locks, and excessive use of chemicals and coloring can further accelerate the process. Avoid their use until the summer lasts and instead nourish them with a gentle application of herbal oils and serums.
2. Let go of the heat: The summer heat can already dry out and damage your hair, so do yourself a favor and let go of the straightener, curling iron and blow dryer. Let your hair air-dry and apply masks made from natural ingredients to beat the frizz and volume.
One great way to manage frizz is to prepare a mixture containing one raw egg and 1/4th cup almond oil. Apply the mixture onto the scalp and leave it on for 30-40 minutes and then rinse off with a sulfate free shampoo.
3. It’s very important to make sure your hair is at least partially covered using a scarf or a bandana to avoid sunburn. Or as an alternative, you can also use a leave-in conditioner with sunscreen to protect your hair from the heat.
4. Give your hair a break: Oily scalps often make way into your life when summers come around. No one likes Greasy hair and to be fair, they ruin a good look. However, if you’re someone who resorts to washing their hair daily to beat that greasiness, you’re in for bigger trouble. Excessive use of shampoos and conditioners can strip your scalp of its natural oils and in turn stimulating additional production of oil. The most effective solution to this problem is to shampoo your hair every alternate day while washing your hair with cold water only on the break day.
5. Hydrate your body and locks: Beating the frizz also requires proper nourishment of your body. You are what you eat, and plenty of hydration is essential to maintain moisture within those strands and prevent your hair from drying out.
Consume foods with high water content such as cucumbers and watermelons and drink in accordance with your body weight for happy and healthy hair.
Keeping these tips in mind, you can now rock those beautiful beach waves out in the sun and have the time of your life with friends and family. Make sure to leave more useful tips down below if you have any up your sleeve.