At times, we feel an insatiable craving for chocolates or maybe a pack of spicy snacks. But we never realize that these cravings may also have a reason to support them, like everything else in the world. From the viewpoint of health and food experts, all kinds of cravings indicate bodily discomfort that we usually neglect. Most of the times when a desire is suppressed, it only returns with a greater force along with frustration. Here, we’ve listed down 8 most common cravings and their reasons to enlighten you:
- Cheese: Well, who doesn’t need some cheesiness in their lives. But, when you reach out for cheese, it is a clear sign that your body lacks fats and Vitamin D. The craving is usually stronger during winters.
- Ice Cream: Craving for ice cream while having a meal or right after it, suggests that the stomach might be upset or you’re having digestion issues. It works best against heartburn and stomach acidity. Okay, now this was actually funny!
- Pickle: It is said you crave for pickle when you’re actually craving for sodium and probiotics, as it it full of these two.
- Chocolate: It is scientifically proven that chocolate makes you happier. Hence, if you’re strongly craving for it, it means that you’re unhappy, bored or bummed for some reason.
- French Fries: They’re full of fats and carbohydrates, and serve as an ultimate energy source. So, you’re likely to crave for them when you’re sleep deprived, tired or stressed.
- Pasta: It is filled with high-energy carbs, and if you’re craving for pasta after a super hectic day in which physical activities were involved, it suggests that you could be lacking nutrients or calories.
- Spicy Food:Craving spicy food indicates that you might have an imbalance in your body, which could be because of thyroid or indigestion.
- Candy: When you’re feeling tired or sluggish, that’s when you crave for candies, as they increase the blood sugar level and boost energy.