One of my everyday struggles is concealing my under-eyes every morning. Every time I sacrifice my sleep to attend late night functions or to meet the assignment deadlines I tend to develop dark circles. Recently a few DIYs caught my eye and I thought of testing these remedies myself and boy oh boy, these remedies worked wonders. To know what worked for me, read the blog below.
1. Potato Juice:
Potatoes are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and have strong bleaching agents. Applying potato juice or even rubbing raw potato slices under your eyes helps banish dark circles. All you have to do is:
- Grate a raw potato to extract its juice.
- Mix the potato juice with a little honey to thicken the consistency.
- Apply this mixture on the under eye area.
- After letting it dry for 30 minutes wipe it with a damp cloth.
In about 2 weeks you will see visible improvement.
2. Tomato Juice:
A tomato not only helps reducing dark circles but also nourishes the skin and makes it soft and supple. Follow the steps to form the mask.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Gently apply this mixture on your dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
Follow for about 3 weeks in order to get foolproof results.
3. Tea Bag Therapy:
Tea bags are a great help when you want to get rid of your dark circles. The caffeine content and tannins work against puffy eyes. Additionally, tea bags reduce swelling and tighten the skin around our eyes. For best results use green tea bags. Follow the method to go on with your therapy.
- Take two tea bags and steep them in hot water for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then put the tea bags in the refrigerator for a while.
- Now, squeeze the tea bags to the let excess liquid out and gently place them over your eyes for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and carefully rinse off any tea stains on your face.